BiG Challenge is an annual city-wide enterprise competition for 11-19 year-olds in secondary schools, academies and colleges.
Students start a six-month business with a £25 investment and compete for a range of prizes such as marketing and media awards, best business report and most profit made. The overall winners enjoy a five-day, all-expenses-paid business trip to an international destination such as Dubai, Moscow, Boston or Rome.
Sero has run BiG Challenge for the past 10 years including all marketing, media and sponsor engagement. Key aspects include:
- Production of all promotional materials for use in schools, colleges and the community
- Annual growth in sponsorship
- Running two interim Awards events for ‘Flying Start’ and ‘Marketing & Media Awards’
- Running Oscars-style final Awards event
- Development and management of the BiG Challenge entries website
The competition has become a key part the Sheffield education landscape, with BiG Challenge winners going on to achieve academic and business success.